A National Pilot Project
- Positioned to serve the state of South Carolina.
- Approximately 1300 acres of pristine land with a fifty acre lake and two ponds.
- Capacity expansion possible for generations to come.
- Less than fifteen miles from Columbia, SC.
- Near many employment opportunities.
- Development has begun!
Take a video tour of the property. The tour begins at Christ Pond, flies over Central Pond, then offers a drone’s-eye view of the total property from above Mission Lake.
Mission Lake is the result of years of intensive study and collaboration around the challenge of poverty facing the state of South Carolina. It is a community-based response that is not dependent upon unsustainable local, state and federal sources of funding and is designed to be a key component of a sustainable, scalable, respectful, and accountable system for responding to needs.
Resource & Solution Centers will connect approximately 90% of individuals in need directly to the appropriate service, training, or care. However, for approximately 10% of those in need, there currently are no available resources beyond the streets of South Carolina. Mission Lake will ensure that there is always a resource to respond to every need so that none who seek help will be left without a path forward.
The coupling of Mission Lake with the Resource & Solution Centers will ensure:
1) That every person who is in need can receive assistance to move them toward a goal;
2) That each person will receive transportation directly to the program or resource that moves them towards their goal;
3) That all existing service providers will be efficiently utilized within the existing service network so that no capacity is ever wasted;
4) That any person who fails in an existing program, rather than returning to the streets, can be connected to a resource to continue their progress.