Hannah House, A Christ Central Ministry
(Transitional Housing for Women and Children)
1726 Sumter St.
Columbia,, SC 29201
Director: Gerald Davis
Applications are accepted at the Hope Plaza Resource & Solution Center, 2018A Main Street. Call 803-771-4357 for an appointment. Leave a message if nobody answers, and your call will be returned within 24hours.
To transition the lives of women and children providing them with hope to live a purpose- driven, empowering life.
To be a leader in restoring women and families to self-sufficiency.
- Our facility encompasses a COMMUNITY
- We are HELP-MATES to our residents and community-at-large.
- We seek to be an EXAMPLE that women and children see daily, which allows them to live a purpose-driven, empowering life.
Hannah House provides transitional shelter and basic necessities to women, with or without children, who are seeking independence and self-sufficiency. The focus is on rebuilding families, job placement, child care, and affordable housing.
Founded in 1999, Hannah House is Christ Central Ministries’ first women’s and children’s shelter in the Midlands. Located in what was once The Davis Hotel, built in the 1940’s, facilities include laundry, commercial kitchen, dining room, living room, play room, one and two bedroom apartments, private baths, a dormitory, and a clothing boutique. There are more than forty beds. Amenities include daily meals, internet and phone access, clothing, shoes, personal care products, and healthcare assistance.
Five Focus Areas:
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT: Spiritual Enrichment, Counselling, Life Skills Classes, Goal Setting, Case Management
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Job Prep Classes, Soft Skills Classes, Interview Skills
- EDUCATION: GED Classes, Tutoring for Adults & Children, Scholarships for Quick Jobs at Midland’s Tech
- HEALTH & WELLNESS: Nutrition Classes, Developing Better Eating Habits, Disease/Illness Prevention & Healing
- PERSONAL FINANCE: Financial Peace Classes, Budget Training, Assistance with Debt Reduction
Volunteer and Contribution Opportunities
Opportunities to help with your time and money and gifts such as personal products, furniture, linens, toys, etc., abound. Please call or contact us to let us know of your willingness.